Exterior Course description
The Exterior Course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to perform a professional building exterior inspection
Did you know?
The Exterior Course covers retaining walls, grounds, window wells, lot grading, driveways, patios, walkways, decks, balconies, stoops and steps, porches, railings, wall cladding, flashing trim, eaves, soffits, fascia, as well as exterior doors and windows.
You will learn to describe the exterior wall covering and inspect all aspects of the exterior named above.
Within each section are several Study Sessions to guide you through the material. The Quick Quizzes will help you check your progress.
- Architectural Styles
- Building shapes and details, architectural categories, specific house styles
- Exterior Cladding
- Basics, brick, stone, concrete, stucco, wood, wood-based materials, metal, vinyl, fiber cement, clay, slate, asphalt
- Soffits and fascia, windows and doors, trim, flashings and caulking
- Exterior Structures
- Porches, decks, balconies, garages, carports, basement walkouts
- Surface Water Control
- Lot grading, gutters and downspouts, window wells, walkways, driveways and grounds, retaining walls
- 32 hours
- One midterm and one final exam – online
- 70% passing grade overall
- $2995 for the full Program (all 10 Courses)
- Includes all learning materials, tests, exams, tutor support and ongoing postgraduate support
Explore the other Courses:
Get a sample chapter on Exterior
Get a free chapter
Choose a sample chapter from our 10 Home Inspection Courses